Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

HemHem  GalleriGalleri  Latest imagesLatest images  Bli medlemBli medlem  Logga inLogga in  Islam på svenska:  www.fatwa.se  www.islamforbarn.se  www.salafi.se  www.muslimah.se  www.darulhadith.com  

The Death of the Messenger of Allah is the Greatest of Afflictions

Gå ner 
FörfattareMeddelande
ummUthaymeen As-Somaliyah

Antal inlägg : 570
Registration date : 08-11-24

The Death of the Messenger of Allah is the Greatest of Afflictions Empty
InläggRubrik: The Death of the Messenger of Allah is the Greatest of Afflictions   The Death of the Messenger of Allah is the Greatest of Afflictions Emptytis nov 25, 2008 3:21 pm

Från: Farihah-فريحه (Ursprungligt meddelande) Skickat: 2005-02-23 16:54
Bismillahir-Rahmaanir-Rahiim, Alhamdulillahi Rabbil 'Alaamin, al-'Aqibatul Mutaqiin, wa Salaatu wa Salaam 'ala 'abduhu wa rasuluhu Muhammad wa 'ala alihi wa sahbihi ajma'in

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the book: The Calamity of the Prophet's Death and its Effects o­n the Muslim Nation
By: Husayn al-'Awayishah
Ibn ‘Abbas (radi Allahu anhu and Saabit Al-Jumahee (radi Allahu anhu) both related that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) said,“If o­ne of you is afflicted with a calamity, then let him remember his calamity by me (i.e., by my death); for indeed, it is the greatest of calamities.”1

It becomes clear to us from this hadith that the death of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) is the greatest disaster that has occurred or will occur to the muslim nation. The Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) request that when we remember our calamities or afflictions, we should remember his death and his parting as well, a reflective process through which our other disasters will become insignificant in comparison.

Whenever we lost any of our relatives or loved o­nes, we are sure to have felt the pain of parting and the anxiety of the farewell. The question now is this: Have we had any such feelings or sentiments when we contemplate the death of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam).

What would happen if a man were to lose his entire family; his heart would ache and bleed while his tears would pour forth profusely. He marries after a period, and after many years pass, o­ne of his sons dies. What is his sadness and pain if compared to the first calamity; is not the new affliction less painful in degree? And with that perspective – i.e., by remembering the death of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) – we should console ourselves whenever we are afflicted with a hardship.

The Messenger of Allah is addressing us saying,

“O people, let any person – or any believer – who has been afflicted with a calamity remember his calamity by me and hence find solace in his calamity by any other person [or occurance], for no o­ne from my nation will be afflicted by a calamity after me that is more severe upon him than my calamity.”2

The Prophet’s (salallahu alaihi wa salaam) words, ‘find solace’ are indeed curative and healing words that are like medicine for the heart. What would happen if o­ne were to lose his beloved parents in a car accident? Would not the effects of that calamity remain in his heart for the rest of his life? And what would happen if he lost his mother, wife, or son? Why is it that we feel nothing, yet we have been afflicted with the loss of the Prophet (salallahu alaihi wa salaam)? It is a calamity that outweighs all others when we contemplate the Prophet’s statement:

“One of you does not believe until I am more beloved to him than his child, his father, and all people.” 3

When we consider the hadith before this o­ne, it is as if this hadith means: Not o­ne of you believes until my death becomes a greater calamity for him than losing his son, his father, and all people.

By Allah, where are these feelings and sentiments? Yet they are the feelings and sentiments of the true believer.

Have you lost your mother? And if so, when you were weeping immediately after her death, did you remember that she took you out of the darkness of her stomach to the light of the world, after which she cared for you and raised you? Through the message of the Messenger of Allah (salallahu alaihi wa salaam) , Allah (Subhanna wa Ta’ala) has taken you out of the darkness of misguidance and has brought you into the light of guidance and tawheed (Islamic Monotheism) , and because of that guidance – by the will of Allah – you are saved from eternity in the Hellfire. But does the same hold true for your mother’s favors: are you saved from eternity in Hellfire because of the milk she fed you or because of her kindness and care?

By Allah in a single day, had I lost 1000 mothers, each equal in kindness and love to my mother, it is not befitting for me to be more sad o­n account of their loss than the sadness required from me over the death of the Messenger of Allah (salallahu alaihi wa salaam).

Have you lost your son? Do you not quickly burst into tears when you remember his help, dutifulness, and love? No matter what level these matters reach, they do not reach the level of what the Prophet (salallahu alaihi wa salaam) conferred upon us. What he left for us will – by the help of Allah- make us enter paradise, whose width is equal to the heavens and the earth, a place of eternity and eternal bliss.

We are given pleasure by the help of our children and by their love, yet the years pass and fade away, however, the bliss of Paradise knows no end. Does not the Messenger of Allah (salallahu alaihi wa salaam) deserve from us that we should be sadder over his death than over the death of anyone else; that we should remember him more than we remember anyone else we have lost, in terms of children, parents, and other loved o­nes?

Footnotes:

1. Related by Ibn Sa’d, al-Darimi, and others; through other narrations that attested to it, it is authentic, as mentioned in al-Sahihah (106)2. Related by Ibn Majah, and narrated by Aisha (radi Allahu anha) in Sahih Sunan Ibn Majah (No. 1300)3. Bukhari (15); Muslim (44)

www.calgaryislam.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Sister in Islam, Um Juwairiyah Farihah bint Ghiasudeen
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
ummUthaymeen As-Somaliyah

Antal inlägg : 570
Registration date : 08-11-24

The Death of the Messenger of Allah is the Greatest of Afflictions Empty
InläggRubrik: The Death of the Messenger of Allah is the Greatest of Afflictions   The Death of the Messenger of Allah is the Greatest of Afflictions Emptytis nov 25, 2008 3:22 pm

Från: Umm_Amatillaah Skickat: 2005-02-23 23:40
Bismillah wal hamdulillahi Rabbil 'aaleemen wa salaat wa salaam 'ala rasoolina wa nabiyyina wa habibina Muhammad wa 'ala 'aalihi wa ashabihi wa azwadjihi wa dhuriyyatihi wa man taba al huda ila yawmid deen, wa ba'd
The Prophet [pbuh] breathes his Last:
When the pangs of death started, ‘Aishah leant him against her. She used to say: One of Allâh’s bounties upon me is that the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] died in my house, while I am still alive. He died between my chest and neck while he was leaning against me. Allâh has mixed his saliva with mine at his death. For ‘Abdur Rahman — the son of Abu Bakr — came in with a Siwak (i.e. the root of a desert plant used for brushing teeth) in his hand, while I was leaning the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] against me. I noticed that he was looking at the Siwak, so I asked him — for I knew that he wanted it — "Would you like me to take it for you?" He nodded in agreement. I took it and gave it to him. As it was too hard for him, I asked him "Shall I soften it for you?" He nodded in agreement. So I softened it with my saliva and he passed it (on his teeth).

In another version it is said: "So he brushed (Istanna) his teeth as nice as he could." There was a water container (Rakwa) available at his hand with some water in. He put his hand in it and wiped his face with it and said:

"There is no god but Allâh. Death is full of agonies."[]

As soon as he had finished his Siwak brushing, he raised his hand or his finger up, looked upwards to the ceiling and moved his lips. So ‘Aishah listened to him. She heard him say: "With those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace with the Prophets and the Truthful ones (As-Siddeeqeen), the martyrs and the good doers. O Allâh, forgive me and have mercy upon me and join me to the Companionship on high."[] Then at intervals he uttered these words: "The most exalted Companionship on high. To Allâh we turn and to Him we turn back for help and last abode." This event took place at high morning time on Monday, the twelfth of Rabi‘ Al-Awwal, in the eleventh year of Al-Hijrah. He was sixty-three years and four days old when he died.

The Companions’ concern over the Prophet’s Death:

The great (loss) news was soon known by everybody in Madinah. Dark grief spread on all areas and horizons of Madinah. Anas said:

"I have never witnessed a day better or brighter than that day on which the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] came to us; and I have never witnessed a more awful or darker day than that one on which the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] died on."[]

When he died, Fatimah said: "O Father, whom his Lord responded to his supplication! O Father, whose abode is Paradise. O Father, whom I announce his death to Gabriel."[]

‘Umar’s Attitude:

‘Umar, who was so stunned that he almost lost consciousness and stood before people addressing them: "Some of the hypocrites claim that the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] died. The Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] did not die, but went to his Lord in the same way as Moses bin ‘Imran did. He stayed away for forty nights, but finally came back though they said he had been dead. By Allâh, the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] will come back and he will cut off the hands and legs of those who claim his death."[]

Abu Bakr’s Attitude:

Abu Bakr left his house at As-Sunh and came forth to the Mosque on a mare-back. At the Mosque, he dismounted and entered. He talked to nobody but went on till he entered ‘Aishah’s abode, and went directly to where the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] was. The Prophet [pbuh] was covered with a Yemeni mantle. He uncovered his face and tended down, kissed him and cried. Then he said: "I sacrifice my father and mother for your sake. Allâh, verily, will not cause you to die twice. You have just experienced the death that Allâh had ordained."

Then he went out and found ‘Umar talking to people. He said: "‘Umar, be seated." ‘Umar refused to do so. People parted ‘Umar and came towards Abu Bakr, who started a speech saying:

"And now, he who worships Muhammad [pbuh]. Muhammad is dead now. But he who worships Allâh, He is Ever Living and He never dies. Allâh says:

‘Muhammad ([pbuh])is no more than a Messenger, and indeed (many) Messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels (as disbelievers)? And he who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allâh, and Allâh will give reward to those who are grateful.’" [3:144]

Ibn ‘Abbas said: "By Allâh, it sounded as if people had never heard such a Qur’ânic verse till Abu Bakr recited it as a reminder. So people started reciting it till there was no man who did not recite it."

Ibn Al-Musaiyab said that ‘Umar had said: "By Allâh, as soon as I heard Abu Bakr say it, I fell down to the ground. I felt as if my legs had been unable to carry me so I collapsed when I heard him say it. Only then did I realize that Muhammad [pbuh] had really died."[]

Burial and Farewell Preparations to his Honourable Body:

Dispute about who would succeed him [pbuh] broke out even before having the Messenger of Allâh’s body prepared for burial. Lots of arguments, discussions, dialogues took place between the Helpers and Emigrants in the roofed passage (portico) of Bani Sa‘ida. Finally they acknowledged Abu Bakr ÑÖì Çááå Úäå as a caliph. They spent the whole Monday there till it was night. People were so busy with their arguments that it was late night — just about dawn of Tuesday — yet his blessed body was still lying on his bed covered with an inked-garment. He was locked in the room.

On Tuesday, his body was washed with his clothes on. He was washed by Al-‘Abbas, ‘Ali, Al-Fadl and Qathm — the two sons of Al-‘Abbas, as well as Shaqran — the Messenger’s freed slave, Osamah bin Zaid and Aws bin Khauli. Al-‘Abbas, Al-Fadl and Qathm turned his body round, whereas Osamah and Shaqran poured out water. ‘Ali washed him and Aws leant him against his chest.

They shrouded him in three white Sahooli cotton cloth which had neither a headcloth[] nor a casing and inserted him in.

A sort of disagreement arose with regard to a burial place. Abu Bakr said: "I heard the Messenger of Allâh [pbuh] say: ‘A dead Prophet is buried where he dies.’ So Abu Talhah lifted the bed on which he died, dug underneath and cut the ground to make the tomb.

People entered the room ten by ten. They prayed for the Prophet [pbuh]. The first to pray for him were people of his clan. Then the Emigrants, then the Helpers. Women prayed for him after men. The young were the last to pray.

This process took Tuesday long and Wednesday night (i.e. the night which precedes Wednesday morning). ‘Aishah said: "We did not know that the Prophet [pbuh] was being buried till we heard the sound of tools digging the ground at the depth of Wednesday night."[]

http://www.youngmuslims.ca/online_library/books/the_sealed_nectar/ (The Sealed Nectar)

Wa sall Allahu 'ala nabiyyina Muhammad....
Till överst på sidan Gå ner

The Death of the Messenger of Allah is the Greatest of Afflictions
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1
 Liknande ämnen
-
» The marriage with the greatest blessings is that with the lesser financial burde
» Tawhid (Islamic Monotheism) - A Creational Truth and Mankinds Greatest Need
» Abstaining from getting married again after the death of her husband
» Life of the Messenger salAllaahu 3alayhi wasalaam
» “Umm Waraqah! Dwell in your House, Allaah will give you the death of a martyr”

Behörigheter i detta forum:Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
 :: Tazkiyah-
Hoppa till: