Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

HemHem  GalleriGalleri  Latest imagesLatest images  Bli medlemBli medlem  Logga inLogga in  Islam på svenska:  www.fatwa.se  www.islamforbarn.se  www.salafi.se  www.muslimah.se  www.darulhadith.com  

question about pointing the finger in tashahhud

Gå ner 
FörfattareMeddelande
ummUthaymeen As-Somaliyah

Antal inlägg : 570
Registration date : 08-11-24

question about pointing the finger in tashahhud Empty
InläggRubrik: question about pointing the finger in tashahhud   question about pointing the finger in tashahhud Emptytis nov 25, 2008 1:47 pm

Från: Farihah-فريحه (Ursprungligt meddelande) Skickat: 2004-11-23 19:07
as-salaamu 'alaykum,

a brother emailed me off the list concerning this.

he asked brother aqeel walker:

"As far as you know, what is the reason behind the ikhtilaaf of not moving the finger in Tashahud? And who holds that opinion from the Kibaarul 'Ulayamah?"

brother aqeel walker replied:

"This was the position of Shaikh Muqbil bin Haadee Al-Waadi'ee (rahimahullaah) - i.e. that the finger is NOT moved during the tashahhud, rather one only points with it without moving it. The issue of difference revolves around a single hadeeth reported by Waa'il bin Hujr.

Shaikh Muqbil discusses it in As-Saheehul-Musnad mimmaa laysa fis-Saheehayn, vol.2, pg.265. The narration was recorded by Ibn Maajah, and Waa'il said, "I saw the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) making a circle with his thumb and middle finger and he lifted the one that was next to them (i.e. the index finger), supplicating with it in the Tashahhud."

Shaikh Muqbil said, "This hadeeth is Hasan (good). This hadeeth proves pointing with the finger. However, in reference to moving it, then the only one who narrated that was Zaa'idah bin Qudaamah and he has contradicted 13 narrators (who all narrated this same hadeeth from Waa'il): Bishr bin Al-Mufadhdhal with Abee Daawood, Sufyaan bin 'Uyainah with An-Nasaa'ee, Ath-Thawree with An-Nasaa'ee, 'Abdul-Waahid bin Ziyaad with Ahmad, Shu'bah with Ahmad, Zuhayr bin Mu'aawiyah with Ahmad, 'Abdullaah bin Idrees with Ibn Khuzaymah, Khaalid bin 'Abdullaah At-Tahhaan with Al-Bayhaqee, Muhammad bin Fudhayl with Ibn Khuzaymah, Abul-Ahwas Sallaam bin Sulaym with At-Tayaalisee, Aboo 'Awaanah and Gheelaan bin Jaami' both were quoted by Al-Bayhaqee as mentioning it (i.e. this hadeeth without moving the finger), and all of them reported it from 'Aasim bin Kulayb (who narrated it from his father, from Waa'il) and none of them mentioned moving (the finger) in it.

It was also reported from the companions 'Abdullaah bin Az-Zubayr, 'Abdullaah bin 'Umar, Aboo Humayd As-Saa'idee, Aboo Hurayrah, Sa'd bin Abee Waqqaas, Ibn 'Abbaas, Khaffaaf bin Eemaa', and all of them did not mention moving (the finger). So it is known from this that the report of Zaa'idah is strange and contradicting (Shaathth). And Allaah knows best. The detailed explanation concerning those who reported the hadeeth of these narrators who have opposed Zaa'idah, and (the hadeeths of) these companions can be seen in the research of our noble brother, Ahmad bin Sa'eed, may Allaah preserve him."

This is so that you may know the other side of the coin. Baarakallaahu feek. I myself agree with Shaikh Muqbil (not that I'm anyone special - but just letting you know). I don't move my finger in Tashahhud, but this is not an issue to fight over. The difference is that Shaikh Al-Albaanee considered this a case of Ziyaadatuth-Thiqah (the additional information added in a narration of one of the narrators who is reliable that is not found in the other versions of the hadeeth). This is because Al-Albaanee did not consider the additional wording, "and he would move it" as contradictory because he says that pointing does not negate movement. Shaikh Muqbil went with the basic principle that a Ziyaadah (extra added wording) that contradicts what others who were more reliable or more numerous in their number reported is Shaathth, and thus unaccepted.

This is the issue, and Allaah knows best.

On the other issue, I'll call one of the Mashaayikh about it soon, inshaa' Allaah. I could answer it but I want something good and concrete for you with the name of one of the scholars behind it. Baarakallaahu feekum."

mashaa-allaah, this really helped out. jazakumullaahu khayran for all those who helped me with this.

shahid williams

May Allah increase us in ilm and thereby implementating upon it- ameen

www.salafitalk.net

- Um Juwairiyah
Till överst på sidan Gå ner

question about pointing the finger in tashahhud
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1
 Liknande ämnen
-
» Pointing without moving the index finger in the tashahhud
» Tashahhud Question