Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

HemHem  GalleriGalleri  Latest imagesLatest images  Bli medlemBli medlem  Logga inLogga in  Islam på svenska:  www.fatwa.se  www.islamforbarn.se  www.salafi.se  www.muslimah.se  www.darulhadith.com  

Stories of the Salaf who journeyed to seek ilm bu the shaykh died before arrivin

Gå ner 
FörfattareMeddelande
Noor al hoda

Noor al hoda

Antal inlägg : 160
Registration date : 08-11-23

Stories of the Salaf who journeyed to seek ilm bu the shaykh died before arrivin Empty
InläggRubrik: Stories of the Salaf who journeyed to seek ilm bu the shaykh died before arrivin   Stories of the Salaf who journeyed to seek ilm bu the shaykh died before arrivin Emptytis dec 02, 2008 6:22 am

Umm_Amatillaah (Ursprungligt meddelande) Skickat: 2006-08-02 18:36
abu.naasir 10-29-2004 @ 4:50 PM Notify Admin about this post

Abul Irbaad Abid bin Bashir Zargar (Riyadh, Saudi Arabia)

Some stories of the Salaf who journeyed to seek knowledge but the Shaykh died before they got there.

From the excellent book “Ar-Rihlah fee talabil Hadeeth.” of Khateeb al-Baghdaadee. Dar-ul-Kutub al-Ilmiyyah.

1) Abdur Rahmaan bin Usaylah as-Sunaabihee (1) who said, “I set out on a journey to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahualaihi wasallam) but his life was taken away while I was in Juhfah.”

2) Zayd bin Wahab who said, “I set out on a journey to (meet) the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahualaihi wasallam) but his life was taken away while I was on the way.”

3) Al-Awzaa’ee (2) said, “I departed to (meet) al-Hassan and Ibn Sireen, and I found that al-Hassan had passed away, and I found that Muhammad ibn Sireen was ill, so we entered upon him and he lived for a few more days and then passed away.

4) From Abbaas bin Yazeed who said, “Yazeed bin Zur’ay’ died in the year 82 A.H. So I and my father departed for Koofah intending to meet Abu Ishaaq al-Hamdaanee, but (when we got there) we came across his funeral.”

5) Ali bin Aasim said, “I and Hushaym departed from Waasit heading towards Koofah, so that we could meet Mansoor. So when I left from Waasit and travelled some miles, I met Abu Muaawiyah or somebody else, and I said to him, “Where are you going?”

He said, “I am trying to pay off a debt which is upon me.”

So I said, “Come back with me because I have four thousand dirhams, and I’ll give you two thousand.”

So I went back and gave him two thousand (dirhams) and set off again. Hushaym had reached Koofah at noon and I reached Koofah at night. So Hushaym had gone to Mansoor and heard forty ahaadeeth from him. As for me, I went to the bathhouse and when I woke up I came to the door of Mansoor, where I found a funeral taking place.

So I said, “What is this?”

They said, “It is the funeral of Mansoor.”

So I sat down, crying, and then an old man said to me, “O young man, why are you crying?”

So I said, “I came here to hear (hadeeth) from this Shaykh but he died.”

He said, “Shall I guide you to someone who witnessed his mothers’ marriage?” (an arabic expression for someone who knows better.)

I said, “Yes!”

He said, “Write: Ikrimah narrated to me, from Ibn Abbaas…”

So I wrote from him for a month, then I said to him, “Who are you, may Allaah have mercy upon you?”

He said, “You have been writing from me for one month and you don’t know me?
I am Husayn bin Abdur-Rahmaan, and there were only seven or nine dirhams between me and meeting Ibn Abbaas. So Ikrimah used to hear from him and then come to me and narrate to me.” (3)

Footnotes:

(1) al-Awzaa’ee, the Imaam, Abdur-Rahmaan bin Amr bin Muhammad, al-Haafidh, born in the year 88AH.

(2) Abdur Rahmaan bin Usaylah as-Sunaabihee: From the kibaar of the Taabi’een, he missed the Prophet (sallallaahualaihi wasallam) by about 5 days.

(3) - Husayn bin Abdur-Rahmaan used to be a slave and tried to earn enough money to free himself from slavery so that he could be free to seek knowledge. But it was not possible for him to meet Ibn Abbaas because he was busy with that goal, and then when only a few dirhams remained, Ibn Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) passed away.

ÇÈæ ÇáÚÑÈÇÖ
Abid Zargar

www.salafitalk.net
Till överst på sidan Gå ner

Stories of the Salaf who journeyed to seek ilm bu the shaykh died before arrivin
Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1
 Liknande ämnen
-
» Shaykh ´Abdul-´Azīz ibn ´Abdullāh āl ash-Shaykh
» How To Seek Laylatul Qadr
» Shaykh Ibraaheem Ibn Muhammad Aal ash-Shaykh
» Woman going to the masjid to seek knowledge without her guardian's permission
» Quranic stories

Behörigheter i detta forum:Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet
 :: Sîrah-
Hoppa till: