Från: MSN-smeknamnUmm_Amatillaah (Ursprungligt meddelande) Skickat: 2005-03-14 19:17
Bismillah wal hamdulillah wa salaat wa salaam 'ala ashrafeel anbiyaa'e wal mursaleen wa ba'd!
Bismillah Innalhamdulillah Wa Salaatus Salaam 'Alaa Rasoolillah Wa 'Alaa Aalihi Wa Ashaabihi Ajma'een
As salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
Q/A with Umm 'Abdillah Al Waadi'iyyah Bintush Shaykh Muqbil Bin Haadee Al Waadi'ee Rahmatullahi 'Alaihi, Translated by Umm 'Abdur Rahmaan Hanim
1. Can sisters swim in a private area? Umm 'Abdillah said yes, it is permissible as long as the 'awrah is covered. She went on to say that Shaykh 'Ubaid Al Jaabiree haafidhahullah said its not permissible, don't leave your homes to go swimming, nor for fitness, etc..He gave the aayah from Sooratul Ahzaab "And stay in your houses..."
2. Can a pregnant woman perform Al Hijaamah (cupping/bloodletting) and receive it?. She can practice it as long as it does not harm her.
3. Is it from Islaam to hug and kiss (on the cheeks 3 times) the person who has just accepted Islaam? Upon accepting Islaam, hugging and kissing has NO basis in the Deen. There is no harm if it is done sometimes. You do not have to do it all the time.
4. Can a woman breastfeed longer than 2years? Umm 'Abdillah quoted the aayah, "For mothers who want to complete the term for breastfeeding up to 2 years.." 2/233. There is no limit. Its left up to the mother to decide, she can continue if she wants to. Its not a must to feed for 2 years, she can feed so long as there is benefit for her to feed.
5. How did the Sahaabiyaat (ridhwaan 'alaihunna ajma'een) go about teaching their children? Umm 'Abdillah gave the example of Umm Sulaym radhiyallahu 'anhaa. She was the mother of Anas radhiyallahu 'anhu. Umm Sulaym sent Anas to serve the Prophet sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam at a very young age. He served him for 10 years. He was not a slave. Umm Sulaym encouraged Anas to be with Rasoolullahi sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam. There is no difference between the male and female Taalibul 'Ilm (student of knowledge).
Umm Sulaym wanted Anas to get blessings and share 'ilm of the Prophet 'alaihi salaatu wa salaam. She wanted him to get practical knowledge. Umm 'Abdillah gave another example, she spoke about the time when the Prophet sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam sent Anas to do something for him. He met his mother on the way. Umm Sulaym asked him where was he going, he replied that the Prophet sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam sent him somewhere. Umm Sulaym said to him to never convey the Prophet's sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam secrets.
The Sahaabiyaat (radhiyallahu 'anhunaa) made their children fast on the Day of Ashoorah. They assisted their children in fasting. When the children would cry for food, the mothers would give them toys so that they would complete the fasting, and they completed it. The Companions stressed to the children to accompany the scholars. Umm 'Abdillah gave the story of Hudhayfah Ibn Yaman radhiyallahu 'anhu. He was the only Sahabi who knew the names of the Munaafiqoon (hypocrites) and he kept this secret. Umm 'Abdur Rahmaan Hanim mentioned that 'Umar Al Farooq radhiyallahu 'anhu asked about the list of names and how Hudhayfah did not reveal what the Prophet sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam told him. So 'Umar radhiyallahu 'anhu asked if he was on the list. Umm 'Abdur Rahmaan also mentioned the famous hadeeth where Hudhayfah radhiyallahu 'anhu stated that the companions used to ask about the good, but he would ask about the evil so that he would not fall into it.
Hudhayfah radhiyallahu 'anhu was not being consistent with the Prophet sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam and his mother noticed this. She asked him when was the last time he was with him. She gave him a stern naseehah (sincere advice). Hudhayfah said, "enough, enough, I will go to the Prophet" (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam). "I will pray Salaatul Maghrib with him then ask him to forgive me." He prayed behind the Prophet sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam, he did not get a chance to speak with him so he waited until Salaatul 'Eeshaa. Rasoolullah sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam began to leave and Hudhayfah called him. He sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "Is that Hudhayfah?" He replied, "yes." Rasoolullahi sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam said, "Angels are present that have never come before, Allah forgives you and your mother." He was forgiven before he had the chance to ask the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wa 'alaa aalihi wa ashaabihi wa sallam) to forgive him. He was very much attached to the Prophet 'alaihi salaatus salaam after that.
The Sahaabiyaat radhiyallahu 'anhunna used to send their children out in the best possible way. They were clean and looked good. Umm 'Abdillah gave the example of Faatimah (radhiyallahu 'anhaa) Bintur Rasoolullahi sallallahu 'aliahi wa sallam. She would send out Hasan and Hussein to the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wa 'alaa aalihi wa sallam) in a good way. They were bathed, in good clothes and perfumed. Umm 'Abdillah emphasized teaching the children the halaal (lawful) and haraam (unlawful).
Example: Either Hasan or Hussein (ridhwaan 'alaihum) saw some dates next to the Prophet sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam and went to grab some. He sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam stopped him to teach him. The hadeeth concerning commanding the children to pray at age 7, discipline them for not praying at 10, separate the beds (encourage them to pray on a regular basis) was given.
May Allah bestow HIS Rahma and Barakaat on Umm 'Abdillah, Umm 'Abdur Rahmaan and everyone who worked to make the classes a success..Aameen
Was Salaamun 'Alaa Mursaleen
Walhamdulillahi Rabbil 'Aalameen