Unification of Religions
Antal inlägg : 378
Registration date : 08-11-24
|Rubrik: Unification of Religions ons nov 26, 2008 9:02 am|| |
From: MSN NicknameUmm-Aicha (Original Message) Sent: 12/8/2006 10:47 PM
As salam alaykom wa rhaamtuAllahi wa barakato
Man hör ofta "religiösa" människor säga att vi borde samarbeta en med kristna och judar, vi är alla tillsammans. Exemplen kan man hitta överallt där muslimer sammarbetar på olika sätt med andra religiösa grupper. De borde läsa denna artikel och tänka efter.
Unification of Religions
The Permanent Committee for Academic Research and Ifta (Verdict)
One of the fundamentals of Faith in Islam, which is known as an essential part of the religion and upon which all Muslims have agreed, is that there is no true religion on the earth except Islam, and that it is the Final religion which abrogated all previous religions and creeds.
The Presidency of Islamic Research and Ifta
Praise be to Allaah alone, and salaat and salaam be upon Muhammad, his family, companions, and those who righteously follow him until the Day of Judgment.
The Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Ifta has reviewed the inquiries, opinions and essays propagated in the mass media concerning the
"Call for the Unification of Religions" ie; Islam, Judaism, and Christianity, and studied what has originated from the call to:
· Build a Mosque, a Church, and a Jewish Temple in one area, especially in universities, airports, and public squares etc.
· Print the Noble Qur'an, the Torah, and the Bible in one book.
· Other consequences of such a call in the form of conferences, symposiums,
and solicitations to be established both in the East and the West.
After comprehensive study the committee resolves the following:-
1. One of the fundamentals of Faith in Islam, which is known as an essential part of the religion and upon which all Muslims have agreed, is that there is no true religion on the earth except Islam, and that it is the Final religion which abrogated all previous religuions and creeds. Therefore, no other religion remains on earth by which Allaah can be worshipped except Islam. Allaah The Most High says, "And whoever seeks a religion other than
Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Al-Qur'an 3:85].
2. One of the fundamentals of faith in Islam is what Allaah's Book (the Qur'an) is the last Book that was revealed by the Cherisher of the Worlds. It abrogated all the Books revealed by Allaah before it, such as the Torah, the Psalms, and the Bible, and as such no other Book has been left by which Allaah can be worshipped except the Qur'an. Allaah, The Most High, says, "And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad) the Book (the Qur'an) in truth, confirming the Scriptures that came before it, and trustworthy in highness and a witness over it (old scriptures). So judge between them by what Allaah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires." [Al-Qur'an] 5:48]
3. It is our belief that both the Torah and the Bible were abrogated by the Qur'an, and that they were changed by means of additions or deletions by their followers. This was indicated in some verses in Allaah's Book - the Noble Qur'an. Allaah, The Most High, says in His Qur'an, "So because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard. They change the words from their (right) places and have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. And you will not cease to discover deceit in them, except a few of them." [Al-Qur'an 5:13]
"Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, 'This is from Allaah.' To purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for thet they earn thereby."
"And verily, among them is a party who distort the Book with their tongue (as they read), so that you may think it is from the Book, but it is not from the Book, and they say, 'This is from Allaah', but it is not from Allaah; and they speak a lie against Allaah while they know it." [Al-Qur'an 3:78]
Accordingly, even whatever is considered as correct in these Books, has been abrogated by Islam. The remaining parts are altered. This is proved by the following incident. The Prophet (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) got angry when he saw 'Umar ibn Al-Khattab holding a sheet containing some verses from the Torah and he said to him, "O 'Umar! Are you in doubt? Have I not brought (the Message) as clear as white? If my brother Musa ('alaihi salam) had been alive, he would have followed me." Narrated by Ahmed, Ad-Daarimi and others.
4. Another fundamental of Faith in Islam is that our Prophet and Messenger Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) id the seal of all the prophets and messengers. Allaah says, "Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allaah and the last (end) of the Prophets. And Allaah is Ever All-Aware of everuthing." [Al-Qur'an 33:40] As such, no other messenger is left to be followed except Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam).
If any of Allaah's Prophets and Messengers had been alive, they too along with their followers would have followed Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam). Allaah, The Most High, says, "And (Remember) when Allaah took the Covenant of the Prophets saying 'Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Hikmah (understanding of the Laws of Allaah etc.) and afterwards there will come to you a messenger (Muhammad) confirming what is with you. You must then believe in him and help him.' Allaah said: 'Do you agree (to it) and will you take up My covenant (which I conclude with you)?' They said, 'We
agree'. He said, 'Then bear witness; and I am with you among the witnesses (for this)." [Al-Qur'an 3:81]
When Jesus ('alaihi salam), the Prophet of Allaah, comes in a later time he will follow Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) and rule according to Muhammad's (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) legislation. Allaah, The Most High, says, "Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read nor write (Muhammad) whom they find written with them in the Taurah (Torah) [Deut. CVIII,15] and the Injeel [Gospel of John XIV,16]" [Al-Qur'an 7:157]
In addition, one of the basic pillars of faith in Islam is that Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) was ent to all human beings, and Allaah says, "Say (O Muhammad) 'O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as a Messenger of
Allaah - to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, none has the right to be worshipped but He." [Al-Qur'an 7:158]
Antal inlägg : 378
Registration date : 08-11-24
|Rubrik: Unification of Religions continuation ons nov 26, 2008 9:03 am|| |
5. One of the fundamentals of Islam is that any Jew or Christian who does not embrace Islam should be considered and designated as an unbeliever (Kafir) as well as an enemy of Allaah, of His Messengers and the Believers (Muminoon), and such people will be the people of the Fire in accordance to Allaah's Saying, that, "Those who disbelieve from among the people of the Scriptures (Jews and Christians) and among al-Mushrikun (Polytheists), were not going to leave (their disbelief) until there came to them clear evidence." [Al-Qur'an 98:1]
And Allaah says, "Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur'an, and the Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam)) from among the people of the Scriptures (Jews and Christians) and al-Mushrikun
(Polytheists) will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures." [Al-Quran 98:6]
It was narrated in Sahih Muslim that the Prophet (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "Anyone of this Ummah, whether a Jew or a Christian who heard about me and died without believing in what was revealed to me, he will be among the people of the Hell-Fire."
Based on the above, anyone who does not charge Jews and Christians with Kufr will be a Kaafir himself according to the Shari'ah principle. (ie; Anyone who does not charge the Kaafir with Kufr will be Kaafir himself.)
6. Adulterating the fundamentals of Islamic Faith and the facts of Islamic Law (Shari'ah) to serve the call (for the unification of religions), by mixing them together and casting them to one mould is but a wicked call. It aims at mixing the Truth with Falsehood, destroying Islam, demolishing its foundations and bringing all Muslims to clear apostasy (Riddah). This can be seen in the saying of Allaah, The Most High, "And they will never cease fighting you until they turn you back from your religion (Islamic Monotheism) if they can." [Al-Qur'an 2:217]. Allaah Says, "They wish that you reject faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you will become equal (like one another)." [Al-Qur'an 4:89]
7. The inevitable consequence of such evil calls are:
· The cancellation of differences between Islam and Kufr, Truth and Falsehood, and complete negation of enjoining the right and forbidding the wrong.
· Breaking of barriers of alienation between Muslims and Kafiroon (unbelievers) so that no loyalty nor Jihad nor struggle for the sake of elevating Allaah's Word on Allaah's earth may take place. Allaah, The Most High, commands "Fight against those who (1) do not believe in Allaah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allaah and His Messenger, (4) those who acknowledge not the religion of Truth - ie Islam, among the people of the Scriptures (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." [Al-Qur'an 9:29]
"And fight against the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolators, disbelievers in the oneness of Allaah) collectively, as they fight against you collectively. But know that Allaah is with the pious." [Al-Qur'an 9:36]
Had this (unification) call emanated from a Muslim, it would be considered explicit Riddah (apostasy) from Islam, as it is in conflict with the principles of Islamic faith, and accepts disbelief in Allaah - The Glorified. This call annuls what was proved by the Qur'an as true, and denies that the Qur'an has abrogated all the books that preceded it, and also negates that Islam had abrogated all the previous religions. Based on this, the call for unification is rejected according to Shari'ah and is strictly prohibited by all evidences of Islam in the Qur'an, the Sunnah, and Ijmaa' (consensus).
Based on the aforesaid:
· It is not permissible for any Muslim who believes in Allaah as the Rabb (Creator/Provider/Owner), in Islam as the religion, and Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) as a Prophet and Messenger, to call for this abominable belief, or encourage others to join it, or spread it among other Muslims, let alone accepting it, attending its conferences or symposiums and affiliating with its assemblies.
· It is prohibited for any Muslim to print the Torah and the Bible even independently. So how could it be permissible to print them with the Qur'an in one book? Accordingly, whoever does that, or calls for it, has strayed far away (from the Right Path), as this is but a combination of the Truth (the Noble Qur'an) with the altered or abrogated books of the Torah and the Bible.
· It is prohibited for any Muslim to respond to that call for building (a mosque, a church, and a temple) in one complex, as this would imply a confession that there are religions by which Allaah can be worshipped, besides Islam. This would also involve a denial that Islam is the purest of all the other religions. It would also imply a serious admission that religions are three and that people on earth may adopt whatever they wish of them, equally, and that Islam has not superseded the religions that preceded it.
· Undoubtedly, approving, believing, or accepting this call is considered Kufr (disbelief) and explicit error as it plainly contradicts the Noble Qur'an, the Purified Sunnah, and the Muslim Ijmaa' (consensus). It would also imply an agreement that the alterations done by the Jews and Christians are from Allaah - Glory Be to Him. Moreover, it is not permissible to call churches, Allaah's houses', as the Christians do not perform a correct worship that is accepted by Allaah, and it is a kind of worship not based on
Islam. Allaah, The Most High, Says, "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Al-Qur'an 3:85]
Rather they - (churches) are houses where Kufr in Allaah is practiced. We seek refuge with Allaah from Kufr and those who belong to it. Shaykh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (may Allaah rest his soul in peace) stated in "Majmoo`
Al-Fatawa" (collection of Islamic Rulings) 162/22, as follows:-
"Churches and Synagogues are not Allaah's houses, but Allaah's Houses are the Mosques. Rather, they (churches and synagogues) are houses of Kufr even though Allaah's name is mentioned in them. Houses are regarded acording to the creed of the people. These people rejected Allaah's last Prophet (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) and as such they are Kuffaar (disbelievers), hence theirs are but houses designated for the worship practiced by the Kuffaar."
It is noteworthy that calling the Kuffaar in general and the People of the Book in particular to Islam is incumbent upon all Muslims as per the explicit texts of our Noble Book, the Qur'an, and the Sunnah. However, a response may not be achieved except through kind words and sound arguments. It should, nonetheless, be done on condition not to drop any of the rules of Islam, so that they might either be convinced of Islam and embrace it, or
reject it and die after a clear warning (had been given) to them. Allaah, The Most High, Says, "Say (O Muhammad) 'O People of the Scripture! (Jews and Christians) Come to a word that is Just between us and you, that we worship none but Allaah, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords, besides Allaah. Then if they turn away, say, 'I bear witness that we are Muslims.'" [Al-Quran 3:64]
However, debates, meetings, and dialogue held with them in order to enable them in achieving their desires, fulfilling their aims, breaking the bonds of Islam, and bending the Fundamentals of Islamic Faith are all considered as invalid, which is rejected by Allaah, His Messenger (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam), and all believers. Allaah, The Most High, Says, "And follow not their vain desires, but beware of them lest they turn you (O Muhammad) far
away from some of that which Allaah has sent down to you." [Al-Qur'an 5:49]
The committee, in resolving and issuing this verdict for all people also seeks all Muslims in general and scholars in particular, to fear Allaah and protect Islam and preserve the Muslim Creed from error, and its callers to error and from Kufr and its people.
It also urges them to take precautions against this obvious Call for Unbelief (for the Unification of Religions) and against falling into its traps. We seek refuge with Allaah for every Muslim from becoming a reason for bringing such an error to the Muslim nations and dpreading it among them. We ask Allaah by His Supreme Names and Attributes to protect us from these devious afflictions and make us guides and be guided to The Right Path, and
majke us protectors of Islam deriving light and guidance from our Rabb till we meet Him and he is pleased with us. He is the Grantor of success, and may His salaam be upon our Prophet Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) his family and all his companions.
The Permanent Committee for Academic Research and Ifta (Verdict)
Abdul-Aziz Ibn Baz, President
Abdul-Aziz Ibn Abdullah Al-Shaykh Abdullah, Vice President
Salih Ibn Fawzan Al-Fawzan, Member
Bakr Ibn Abdullah Abu Zaid, Member
Our final call is indeed, all praises are for Allaah, Lord of all the Worlds. His prayers and peace upon His Messenger Muhammad, his family and Companions and on all those who strive to follow them in goodness. Was-salaam alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatahu
As salam alaykom wa rhamatuAllahi wa barakato
Unification of Religions