Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

HemHem  GalleriGalleri  Latest imagesLatest images  Bli medlemBli medlem  Logga inLogga in  Islam på svenska:  www.fatwa.se  www.islamforbarn.se  www.salafi.se  www.muslimah.se  www.darulhadith.com  

Excerpt from the Book of Humility on Seeking Elevation and High Handedness

Gå ner 
FörfattareMeddelande
ummUthaymeen As-Somaliyah

Antal inlägg : 570
Registration date : 08-11-24

Excerpt from the Book of Humility on Seeking Elevation and High Handedness Empty
InläggRubrik: Excerpt from the Book of Humility on Seeking Elevation and High Handedness   Excerpt from the Book of Humility on Seeking Elevation and High Handedness Emptytis nov 25, 2008 3:14 pm

Från: Farihah-فريحه (Ursprungligt meddelande) Skickat: 2005-01-12 18:37
Asalaamu'aleykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

This is a beautiful reminder, and something which needs more emphasis in these times, and Allah knows best. This is thereby a reminder to myself and to my dearest sisters...and May we stay firm and steadfast upon this deen and its beauty-ameen

Tazkiyah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humility
Author: Hussain al-Awaaishah
Source: The Book of Humility (Eng. Trans by Abu Iyaad)
Article ID : TZK060001 [811]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allaah, the Sublime said:

That home of the Hereafter (i.e. Paradise), We shall assign to those who desire not high-handedness or mischief in the land. And the good end is for the Muttaqûn (pious) [Al-Qasas 28:83]

Allaah, the Exalted has made the home of the Hereafter in this verse for the one who does not seek high handedness upon the earth, due to showing off, fame, and ostentation - and this is one of the indications of humility - and for the one who does not desire mischief and corruption.

Seeking elevation can occurr in a number of different contexts such as in the various corrupt disciplines (of knowledge), position or rank, love of leadership and power. It can also occurr in the matters of the religion, such as loving to be foremost in the gatherings, and competing in answering the questioners, even if someone who is equal to him or better than him is present.

And perhaps this elevation might even turn into envy, jealousy, the hatred of some of the callers to Allaah of one another and the dislike of showing benevolent conduct towards each other.

Allaah the Exalted said:

Neither those who disbelieve among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) nor Al-Mushrikûn (the disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh, idolaters, polytheists, pagans, etc.) like that there should be sent down unto you any good from your Lord. But Allâh chooses for His Mercy whom He wills. And Allâh is the Owner of Great Bounty. [Al-Baqarah 2:105]

One of the things that grieves the disbelievers is that good things should befall the Muslims, this is a characteristic amongst the characterstics of the disbelievers. Therefore, let the Muslim beware of letting his heart being mixed with the likes of these vile feelings and sensations.

Shaikh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) said, in explaining the above verse [of Surah al-Qasas]: "…For people are of four types: The first type: They desire elevation over the people and corruption in the earth, and this is disobedience to Allaah. Such mischief-making kings and leaders are like Pharoah and his party, and they are the worst of all of creation. The second type: Those who desire corruption without elevation, such as the thieves and criminals from the riff-raff amongst the people. The third type: Those who desire elevation without corruption, such as those who have the deen, they desire to elevate themselves by it over other than them amongst the people. And as for the fourth type: They are the people of Paradise, those who seek neither elevation in the earth and nor corruption - along with the fact that they are (indeed) much higher than those besides them." [Majmoo ul-Fataawaa Vol 18, with some abridgement]

www.spubs.com

There is no greater comfort than the comfort of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala...

Your Sister in al-Islam, Farihah bint Ghiasudeen
Till överst på sidan Gå ner
ummUthaymeen As-Somaliyah

Antal inlägg : 570
Registration date : 08-11-24

Excerpt from the Book of Humility on Seeking Elevation and High Handedness Empty
InläggRubrik: Excerpt from the Book of Humility on Seeking Elevation and High Handedness   Excerpt from the Book of Humility on Seeking Elevation and High Handedness Emptytis nov 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Från: Umm_Amatillaah Skickat: 2005-01-24 10:22
Introduction from the Book of Humility

(1125 total words in this text)
(72 Reads)

All Praise is due to Allaah, we praise Him, seek His Aid and His Forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allaah from the evils of our souls and the evils of our actions. Whomsoever Allaah guides there is none to misguide and whomsoever Allaah misguides there is none to guide. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, alone, without any partners and I bear witness that Muhammad (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) is His servant and messenger. O you who believe! Fear Allaah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islâm (as Muslims) with complete submission to Allaah. [Aali Imraan 3:103] O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women and fear Allaah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship). Surely, Allaah is Ever an All-­Watcher over you. [An-Nisaa 4:1]
O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him, and speak (always) the truth. He will direct you to do righteous good deeds and will forgive you your sins. And whosoever obeys Allaah and His Messenger (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) he has indeed achieved a great achievement (i.e. he will be saved from the Hell-fire and made to enter Paradise). [Al-Ahzaab 33:70-71]

To proceed:

For the (purpose of) purifying myself and my Muslim brothers I have written on the topic of humility, so that I may ponder over what is easy for me from its secrets and its meanings and what is possible for it (i.e. humility) to change in my conduct and that of my brothers to that which is more excellent, if Allaah wills.

So I learnt that humility has levels and degrees. A servant reaches them to the extent that Allaah grants him success in his striving, earnestness and endurance. And I observed that a person becomes elevated due to his humility and his manners until he is amongst the most-beloved of people to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and the nearest of them in accompanying him on the Day of Judgement.

And I learned that humility is the key to the purification of the soul, the way to forgiveness of one's sins, expiation of one's sins and entry into Paradise, if Allaah wills.

(Just as I leaned that) it is the correct path for uniting the hearts and the word (of the Muslims) and dissolving the disagreements, differences and disputes between the offspring of the ummah of Islaam.

And built upon this, a person will not be weighed by the scales of descent, wealth, power of honour but rather, by precedence and competing in taqwaa and righteous actions.

And it is necessary for us to know that the cause of the pains and wounds that we complain about is the lack of humility and its imperfection in the individual, the family, the society and the ummah.

Therefore, let the hearts become humble to Allaah, the Exalted.

And let the limbs become humble to the One, the Powerful.

And let this humility be plain and visible in us, manifest in our lives - truly - so that it is witnessed and observed, so that we do not put the saying of anyone ahead of the saying of Allaah, the Exalted or ahead of the saying of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) - until we (are able to) obtain the highest levels (in Paradise) and everlasting bliss.

And let this humility also be apparent in our conduct and our actions with our brothers and those with whom we interact with until we begin to taste the sweetness of humility, taste its pleasure and obtain happiness due its effects.

And when humility has the rewards and recompenses from Allaah, the Sublime, that it has, Shaytaan exerts himself and strives to make this reward go to waste, to change the favour of Allaah into ungratefulness and to inflict the people with pride and amazement with themselves. Therefore, he enters upon the callers to Allaah, before anyone else, from this door.

Therefore, let our concern be that we understand humility correctly and that we act upon the requirements of (this) understanding of ours and let our example in this be the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) so that we succeed, are saved and remain happy in both the worlds.

I ask Allaah, the Exalted, that He accepts this action of mine, that He benefits me by it, that He blesses me in it, that He raises me by His blessing amongst the crowd of the poor ones and that He benefits me and my brothers and sisters in the east and the west, indeed He is powerful over all things.

[ Back to Tazkiyah | Sections index ]

www.calgaryIslam.com
Till överst på sidan Gå ner

Till överst på sidan 
Sida 1 av 1
 Liknande ämnen
-
» Introduction from the Book of Humility
» Al-Istighfâr (Seeking Forgiveness)
» Seeking Ilm
» Women and the Seeking of Knowledge.